04 May 2008

Next?!!

Victim, that is. Did you catch that nail biter this afternoon???? It was freaking awesome. I don't know what it is, but there is a certain amount of pleasure derived from beating the Rangers. And now on to the Battle for Pennsylvania. (I have to write it out or folks back home will read PA as "P-A" instead of "Pennsylvania", iykwim, & if you're from PA, you do kwim). Strangely, although Philly is only a 5 hour drive on the turnpike from PGH, I've personally never considered any of their sports teams to be rivals. Of course there's Cleveland for football. I think of the Caps to be hockey rivals. Then again, it's been a few years since I've actually been to a game at The Igloo (sad, sad fact), so I could be wrong there. Baseball? Hmmmm, I think you have to beat a team badly & frequently for there to be a rivalry, so the Pirates have no rivals(?)

Travel fatigue won't be a factor in this series, so it'll all come down to talent. And muscle. And coaching. OMG, I think I'll finally get my dream Stanley Cup playoffs -Pens vs Redwings. I'm excited beyond words today. It's a dreamy, been here before kind of feeling. If you're from PGH, you'll understand.

No comments: