10 May 2008

pearly antics

So last night I came home from work to find the littles in Madster's bed. They were having a "sleepover", the three of them. I noticed an aroma in the room, you know, that aroma of little girls in need of a bath. Not stinky B.O., necessarily, but I don't know how to describe it, if you have kids you'll understand. I said "pee yew! You girls needs showers or baths tomorrow!" Lib responded by rolling over, putting her little heiney in the air & saying "Smell my butt." OMG. It was more than a little humorous. "No, thank you. I can smell you just fine from here."

My friend Sean was in town for another long weekend. We only were able to see him for lunch on his last day & offer a ride to DIA. (We picked Maddie up before lunch for a "mental health appointment" and dropped her & Fi off at school before the ride to the airport.) When we got back home, Lib turns to me as I'm getting her out of the car and says, "I like Sean, but I don't want to marry him." 'Cuz she's planning ahead already, I guess. Yes, this is she who is infatuated with the neighbor boy, "Hi Ryan!" "I love you Ryan!"

Today at the lunch table, Lib spouts off a few "sit sit sit" in her lovely sing song voice. I know what she's saying, and it ain't "sit".
I say to her, "Do you know what that means?"
"no."
"It's a bad word for 'poo'"
"Why?"
"Why is it a bad word or why is it for 'poo'?"
"why is it a bad word for 'poo'?"
"I don't know. A bad word is something that kids shouldn't say but sometimes adults do. Have you ever heard mommy or daddy say any words that you think you probably shouldn't say?"
"No, but why don't you tell me them?" she responded with a mischievous smile.

We've been seeing a few Busch Gardens commercials on t.v. lately. Every time, Lib says "I know that place! It's Disney World!"
Today Fi said, "When are we going to Disneyland?"
"Someday," I said.
"How many sleeps is that?" she asked excitedly & a little hopeful.
"How many sleeps is what?"
"Sunday."
"Not 'Sunday', 'SOMEDAY'."
"oh, how many sleeps is that?"
My response? "'Someday' means 'only God knows when'." It seemed to satisfy her curiosity.

Snick is in Eugene, OR for the week. I think it's her first solo trip out of state. We miss her alot. We're hoping she can spend the night on Wednesday after we pick her up from DIA (hint hint).

Maddie has started taking Cody for walks around the neighborhood. She's also started having only ONE oatmeal packet for breakfast (as opposed the ritual 2 packets she's been devouring the last 5 years. I mentioned to her a few months ago that a serving is 'one' packet, after she had complained about her weight one morning but she didn't care what I said because she would "eat whatever I want".) She's always been a big eater, however, she hasn't been so inclined to be a physically active kid. She's hitting this pre-teen growth spurt (omg, I am so not ready for her to hit puberty...neither is she. BUT, God help me, it is not far away, not far at all.) She's becoming more conscious of the food that she eats. She even gives G grief when they eat out (which they do frequently) because "It's not good for us & it's too expensive". Smart girl.

No comments: