23 May 2008

overheard on Wednesday, etc.

Fi was explaining to Nikki her latest adventure: "Yesterday I was swinging & I flipped over! And I didn't even die!!" Lib adds: "Yeah, see, she is still alive!"

I don't know exactly what "flipped over" means to a 5 year old. It could mean that she leaned all the way back until her head was upside down. I know she's been practicing jumping off the swing...at the swing's lowest trajectory point.

Yesterday afternoon was the ECE & Kinder Ladybug Hoedown performance. This time I brought the correct camera...but with dead batteries. It was soooo cute! Cake & ice cream & GOODY BAGS! afterwards in the cafeteria.

Yesterday evening was the 4th grade Shakespeare performance. Single snippets of 1 or 2 acts from Romeo & Juliet, Hamlet, 12th Night, Macbeth, and Midsummer's Night Dream divvied up between the 3 classes. Madster performed in a scene from Macbeth. She played the Gentlewoman when Lady Macbeth is sleepwalking. It was extremely entertaining to see the diverse interpretations of the characters & the lines. I offered to sew Maddie a new costume for the occasion but she chose to wear my old renaissance dress instead.

No comments: