30 October 2008

elections

good news: I got the official letter yesterday stating that I will be an election judge next week Tuesday! Yay! It's very exciting! 6am-8pm will be a long day, though. I guess no partying for me on my birthday the day before :(

bad news -well, not really bad news, but just an opinion: Is anyone else so sick of the election just because of all the junk mail? I swear I have never received so much junk mail in my adult life. Every day, there's 4 or 5 pieces of mail addressed to me -mostly in support of the Obama campaign. Okay, it's his money, his grassroots, non-stop campaigning that's allowed him to have money to spend on more campaigning (e.g. the infomercial last night that I did not watch because we were carving pumpkins). But ya know what? It's starting to feel like overkill. So I'm a registered "unaffiliated" voter. Does that mean I need alot of crap in my mailbox -that I have to take the time to shred (yes, everything with my name and address on it)? How about if Obama took all that campaign money & did some good works with it instead of spending it on increasing our landfills with useless phamplets and flyers -glossy, no less. THAT would make a better impression on me than the junk mail that I don't even read. I've gotten a few McCain flyers. And just based on sheer advertisement volume, I suppose it's no wonder Obama is ahead in the polls thus far. But I tell ya what, I almost want to not vote for Obama just because of all the junk mail. It's really a good thing election day is next week. Another couple weeks of this nonsense & I would for sure vote for Nader again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

um, i'm registered democrat and i STILL get 8000 pieces of mail... i'm like, come on, you already got my vote!