25 October 2008

just futzin' around

OMG. It's like 70 degrees outside & here I sit at my computer. I'm feeling homesick these days. Trying to convince G that we should move back East. To Pittsburgh, particularly. Everyone would fit right in -even he admits that the girls are all Penguins/Steelers/Pirates fans (yes, I've taught my young padawans well). He said he got a job offer...in L.A. That would be well and good (albeit FARTHER away from home); we'd be near the ocean, the weather would be milder in the winter. Stuff like that -all good. BUT I imagine we'd be living far from L.A. proper & instead of a 20 minute drive to work, G could plan on adding a couple hours. AND I'm trying to save money by lowering our cost of living -not spending more money on a higher cost of living.

There are other advantages to moving to the 'burgh. Closer to family, friends, friends who are like family. A return to traditions celebrated. Stuff like that- stuff I miss that we've never yet been able to even come close to replicating out here.

Maybe I should make a list of pros & cons. Shop the job & housing market.

Ideas, anyone?

No comments: