13 October 2008

new fambly member, etc

no, I'm NOT preggers again. The Madster bought herself a blue, male betta yesterday. "Little Dude". She purchased all of the equipment last week and then pestered me every day -at least 10 times a day- until she was able to go back to Petsmart and get the actual fish. The deal was that she had to keep her room clean for 28 days. It was most of the time. She paid for it all herself & in order to earn more money, as of last night, she's taken on doing the dishes as a daily chore. And what a fine job she did too! I'm talkin' every dish clean -including pots & pans, the dishwasher loaded, the table wiped clean. Not to be a spoil-sport, but I hope it lasts longer than just last night. It was a huge help, as G was able to bath the littles while I folded about 4 loads of laundry, all at the same time that Mad was occupied in the kitchen. Lovely, really. Now to decide on a "pay scale". Oh, and she did all the research & set up the habitat all by herself. Seriously. This is going to be a great learning experience for her.

In other news, my fantasy football team is doing OK. Really. At first I wasn't too into it, because I had never participated before. And G was less than helpful in telling me how it all actually works. Bah. Who needs him? I sorted it out for myself & am in 3rd place in my division: 2-2-1. It's kind of fun, actually. I'd probably have a better record except for that week that I forgot to make any lineup changes & handed G his first win. (yeah, you're welcome.) Maddie's already stated that she wants to participate next year -after she finally understood why she couldn't just jump into play after the season had already started. Actually, it's alot of fun -especially when G is 2-3, right behind me. Mwah! Love you too! hehehehe!

AND! In case you hadn't heard! The Jonas Brothers will be performing at halftime of the Cowboys Thanksgiving Day game! So exciting for our house. Garrett & I can watch a game with no complaints -except for the "is it halftime yet" question every 5 minutes, I'm sure.

No comments: