03 October 2008

What's goin' on?

me: new job as a scriptwriter for a neat company called Digital Media Communications. I dig it. It sounds kind of "glamorous": I write scripts for voice overs for online video employment classifieds. So when you go to Monster.com or Yahoojobs.com or one of those sites to view an employment video, you will hear someone else's voice speaking my words. It is kind of cool, actually. I haven't gotten to that jaded stage where all of my ads sound the same & the information I provide is very general. I'm still at the newbie stage, I guess, where I feel like I'm getting paid to write an ad to sell a job & I want it to sell, so I put some thought into what I write -if that makes sense. I prefer to do a little bit of online research into the company I'm writing for & customize the ad as much as possible, and to mix up the verbiage I use in the script. I mean, that is what the client is paying for, correct?

I've written a few rentals and home tours and a couple community profiles scripts, as well. Those are actually fun(ish) b/c I get to describe some pretty darn nice homes.

Why else do I love my job? It works around my schedule so I can drop off & pick up the girls from school. And I have Wednesdays off. No, you don't understand what a treat that is. The first day off I had with no child's doctor's appointment was almost surreal. I was actually able to walk around Capitol Hill BY MYSELF, at my pace, not the pace of the shortest legs. No one to complain or whine to me about anything. No, really, you don't understand. It's been about 6 years since I've had that luxury. Really. The realization that the day was my own put an ear to ear perm-a-grin on my face. And then I got my nose pierced. Twice. Ah, that would be one of the other things I love about my job. More hours & more $$. And actually having some money on a regular basis without wondering weekly how I will be able to afford to pay my bills & pay for the girls' needs, etc. And I have some spending money without having to sacrifice any of the above. It's pretty sweet.

The only sucky thing is now I'm sitting at a computer all day and not getting ANY physical exercise. I've already put on weight in the month I've been there. Yikes. So today, you know what I did? I joined Weight Watchers. That's right. I saw a friend on Wednesday who has been doing WW all summer & she's lost 31 lbs! I need something to kick in my motivation. Because I don't feel I'm getting a whole lot of support at home as regards food, I have decided to suck it up & pay to go to meetings to get support. We'll see how it goes. I've met other women who have had sustained weight loss success with WW. I'm hoping I can re-train myself to eat better & proper portions again. Maybe some of what I learn will rub off on the Madster -as far as good food choices & what a portion is.

OMG! I just heard a chickadee outside. What a cool sound. I know, I'm weird. But I miss birdsong here in Denver. It's usually all traffic noise & woodpeckers, robins, crows and morning doves.

Oh, and get this. I wrote a freaking fantastic movie in my sleep this morning between the hours of 5am & 730am. I did not have time to write it down because of time constraints. I shall try to write what I remember tonight. Yay!

No comments: