17 July 2009

one project near completion

I bought this plain pine picnic table last summer. Cleaned it up with TSP & painted it with clear sealant. Garrett assembled it & we enjoyed most meals outside all summer long. It wasn't happy with the Winter though, & it started to mold this Spring. I'm hoping primer & paint will eliminate that problem recurring.

after primer & one coat paint. It had a neat, transluscent-y look but I went ahead & did 2 coats.








They found some teeny tiny spiders to examine. Oh, the attention span of littles. I think they "helped" all of 10 minutes -with 30 minute breaks in the middle!

Notice the big green paint swatch on little sister's back? Yep, that's what middle sisters are for; I'm surprised that was the worst of it -and no retaliation!


after two coats. What do you think? Too "Cook Forest" green? What can I say, you can take the girl out of the forest, but you can't take the forest out of the girl!

Only a few more final touches left to do.

No comments: