16 July 2009

too tired to think

So there's major road construction going on near our house. Very near. As in, about 2 houses down from us. It's been an ongoing process since the end of May. They just happen to be at our end of the street now. What's finished of the 2 mile stretch looks smooth as a baby's behind. Yesterday they were up & at 'em at 7am. I thought that was bad & I was not a happy camper. I should have saved my complaints for today. 3am. Yes, 3am. That's what time they were ripping up the street last night. Ugh. I'm so tired, my brain isn't functioning properly. Yeah yeah yeah. I know, it would help if I could get to sleep before 2am. Well I can't right now. So suffer I must & hope that they'll be finished with our little patch of street sooner rather than later.

These pics are all from a day at the end of May. I can't even think what else I wanted to say about them...so without further ado, I give you: Geocaching in the urban-suburb.


Goin' on a treasure hunt!


always gotta be Miss Independent


after the rain




holy blooming pine tree, Batman!




I think I need to get these city girls out in the mountains more; they were amazed by the pine tree flowers. (Note the sticker @ the side of the eye look that she occasionally sports)


our very first geocache find! We had to go twice b/c the first time we didn't read the whole location description online. Live & learn. This one was a tad disappointing for the girls who had brought some goodies to leave behind...and all they found for their effort was this little bitty logbook.


Sisters rule!


foxes & rabbits & coyotes, oh my!


Look ma, no training wheels! Yes, that is a jeans skirt over jeans. Told you she has her own style. Yeah, I don't get it either, but good on her for being able to comfortably (physically & mentally) wear such an ensemble


Garrett took the wheels off last year but she just couldn't quite get the hang of it. Put a damper on the bike riding because she insisted, but then couldn't do it. Cut to this year & she's off like a rocket. Needless to say, Garrett got a workout that day

1 comment:

Chloe m said...

Hey, at least they noticed the pine cone in the first place!
Fun pics.
Rosey