24 April 2006

Boulder

So my best friend from high school visited this past weekend from FL. We had been inseperable from 8th to 12th grades. She moved to FL, I moved to PGH. We still got together every couple years or so & kept in touch on the phone, etc. Fast forward a bunch of years & we haven't seen each other in 8 years! EIGHT! It was making me sad. So in Feb. she booked a flight for April. And it was a blast. It's one of those friendships that it seems no time or distance has passed since we last met.

It was a much needed break from kids & home ***thank you G for you're support & help around the house this weekend!***

We went to Boulder on Friday b/c she had never been. And I haven't been for awhile. A long while, it turns out. There are so many new buildings & new businesses. Some of my favorites were still there, thank goodness. It's not as picturesque as it used to be. Alot of new builds that are just. new. It's alot more crowded downtown b/c of that. Many buildings crammed in to a little space kind of thing. And not necessarily esthetically pleasing either. C'est la vie. Don't know what it is about the US that impells us to tear down beautiful old buildings to erect nondescript new ones. Well, that would be the almighty dollar, I guess. Must capitalize on the space given. And in Boulder that would mean building UP rather than OUT.

I found some neat stores that I hadn't seen before. Bliss was one. Cute stuff. Very inspirational crafty-wise.

I hadn't realized it's been so long since I've been to Boulder. There are many places that I've forgotten about & so didn't remember to visit. Next time. We ended up eating at Juanita's for lunch. It was the same. Tasty but not as good as our local Little Anita's for Mexican. But the service was refreshingly down to earth. Next time I'll have to remember Rocky Mountain Joe's and the Dushanbe Teahouse. And Illegal Pete's (although there is one in Park Meadow's now)(which reminds me, next time I'm down there, guess where I'll be eating?!)

Had to stop in at Everybody for lotion. And Into the Wind for a birthday gift (that was a difficult store to keep the babies in their stroller). Picked up some paper from Two Hands Paperie. One print for the playroom & 2 others for the girls' closet doors. Will post pics when completed.

We stopped to play in the playground near Madster's old daycare. Boulder Day Nursery. By far The Best Daycare I have ever found. I'm loathe to have to find daycare for the babies b/c nothing compares. They were having a ton of fun & the only way I could get them to leave was to promise them to see the water fountains (in front of the courthouse) next. Sadly, the fountains are only on after June. So we mosied on down to the big boulders there b/t 13th & Broadway. And the only way to get them to leave there was to promise them snowcones. Bummer the snowcone cart is gone. But there was Italian Ice which was equally delicious -maybe even more so. And decidedly less messy than snowcones would have been.

Finally got to stop in at Shuttles, Spindles, and Skeins. Lovely store but my stash overfloweth at the moment. I really liked the way they had labeled each section of yarn with yards, guage, fiber content, price, etc. It was all really organized & easy to find what I might need.

It was a long day. Surprisingly, the babies didn't sleep one wink on the ride home.

To be continued...

No comments: