16 April 2006

Easter 2006

so we colored eggs w/ the minimalist 6 color kit. They came out very pretty & only lost a few out of 36 to a certain 2 year old's insistence on dropping them into the mugs.


not bad for 6 dyes & 4 kids & 36 eggs Posted by Picasa

I'm pretty darn pooped right now & am having difficulty w/ my fine motor skills & my eyes are feeling sleeeeeeeepy... the usual, staying up til 3:30am to clean after filling the baskets. Of course the girls woke around 7am & I cajoled them into snuggling until 8 so I could get a couple more winks & so that G could hide the goodies for them to find. And then cooking for 8 hours today...and that was only the sides. Thank you V for the honeybaked ham & smoked turkey. I think I would need two ovens & 6 burners to get all the food cooked. We had: sweet potato cassarole, corn cassarole, asparagus, pop overs, ham, turkey, deviled eggs, baby red potatoes w/ garlic & rosemary, veggies & ranch dip, shirley temples, and pineapple upside down cake w/ ice cream. Needless to say, we were/are all stuffed. Well worth the effort!


yummy Easter goodness Posted by Picasa

So Maddie today surmised that indeed mom & dad are the ones who fill the easter baskets. Because she saw the Easter grass in the rubbermaid bin where I keep the Easter baskets. I so don't want her to quit the magical thinking yet! I told her that I keep the grass with the baskets b/c it would be wasteful to throw it out. Just like we don't get new baskets every year, why should we need new grass every year? She hasn't said anything since. sigh....

No comments: