14 April 2006

long time no post

I'm still working on the wrist warmers. I ripped one out when I was almost finished b/c it was looking sloppy. It was going gung ho until then. Now I'm not so inclined to sit down & finish. That & the weather has turned 180 degrees. Not a big need for wrist warmers when it's 80 out.

I volunteered to sew together a baptismal garment for the RCIA ministry at our parish. It came with no instructions -just the cut pieces. I've been working on that since Tuesday. I'm almost finished. Really it's not a difficult project. I just haven't really sewed much in the past 10 years or so. I'm a little rusty, I guess, as far as sorting out construction. The next one I do will be easier, for sure.

I'm still working on G's pjs. Need to do the waistband & elastic & hem it.

Other sewing projects: knitting needle case; girls' sheers; little girl dresses & summer clothes.

I ordered some yarn from Patternworks. Love their stuff. I'm going to do two Branching Out scarves for Mother's Day. Thank you to Dawn P. for the inspiration. I also have the Sexy Knitters KAL to start; I chose to do the Somewhat Cowl.

Painting projects include finishing the girls' room & then the three fab pieces on the back porch that I got late last year in a drive by dumpster dive.

But right now, it's back to the baptismal garment. Easter Vigil is tomorrow night!

1 comment:

helen said...

Sounds like you have your hands full! I have two girls that I sew for, but, havent had the time lately. I bought them their holiday dresses for next year!