22 June 2007

been on my mind

'cuz it's that time of year. Sadly, I realized the other day that I had never seen a winter tour show. These are the last two shows I saw.

Franklin Co. Airport Field, Highgate, VT (Thursday 6/15/95)

Touch of Grey
Wang Dang Doodle
Peggy-O
El Paso
Ramble On Rose
Black Throated Wind
Loose Lucy
Promised Land

Here Comes Sunshine
Samba in the Rain
Truckin ->
Rollin and Tumblin ->
That Would Be Something ->
He's Gone ->
Drums ->
Space ->
Box of Rain ->
Standing on the Moon ->
Sugar Magnolia

E: Liberty

*(Bob Dylan opened)*
*(first Rollin and Tumblin)*


Three Rivers Stadium, Pittsburgh, PA (Friday 6/30/95)

Hell In A Bucket
West L.A. Fadeaway
Take Me To The River
Candyman
Masterpiece
Bird Song
Promised Land

Rain
Box Of Rain
Samba In The Rain
Looks Like Rain ->
Terrapin ->
Drums ->
Space ->
I Need A Miracle ->
Standing On The Moon

E: Gloria

*(Rusted Root opened)*
*(soundcheck included It's A Man's World, Truckin)*

VT, Nikki & I drove to upstate NY to pick up my bro on the way (he was camp counselor that summer). It was a fun 3 day adventure. Camping at Lake Champlain the night b4 the show. It was the first show I had been to where it seemed the crowd was overwhelmingly college students. So very entertaining how many of them split when the band got into a deep, almost ominous sounding drums/space. The cops the morning after the show trying to get folks to leave the parking areas by running their sirens nonstop. I had gotten a little shuteye so we left when I got really annoyed. VT is so unbelievably beautiful. Like CO but green. Really green.

Nikki slept through Dylan's whole set, just like that. You remember how it always seemed like there were people who just had to be somewhere else than where they were during the show? You know, always cutting through the crowd...where did they come from? where were they going & why? It must have looked like there was a path in front of us where Nikki was sleeping b/c we had to stop so many people from cutting through & stepping on her. This was her 3rd show, @ 6 years old.

Who would ever have thunk that 40 days after the PGH show, it would all be over. Can't remember where I was when the space shuttle blew up, but I sure as heck remember the day Jerry died. Don't you?

No comments: