03 June 2007

I killed the computer but I fixed the t.v.

yeah, it was me. I'm guilty. Hey, if the anti-virus software tells you there's a corrupt file & it should be deleted, what would you do? How do I know it's a file crucial to the operating system? I like to think I'm fairly adept at computer usage, but I'm no computer genius by any stretch of the imagination. Isn't the anit-virus software on there to keep the viruses at bay, not to let them in & then tell me to delete files that have been courrupted? And shouldn't the operating system be a little more difficult to f*ck around with than just a click of a button deletion? And it wouldn't even have been such a big deal except for the fact that we had 2 years worth of pics saved in documents. Right. I know. I KNOW. It was a costly mistake that won't be made again (yes, I did pay someone to come in & save the data, no worries). Of course now I have to try to find some of my old favorites & other websites that are "crucial" to my online existence. And I have to buy an external hard drive -considering that most of the memory was being used by moi. But I'm back up & running. And maybe I'll look into buying a better anti-virus software while I'm at it -one that won't detect my own operating system as the enemy.

On the other hand, I did fix the t.v. Merely removed the back proctection plates that hold the connector wires into the t.v. & the picture hasn't gone since. Really? Was it just that easy? Obviously there is something wrong w/ the t.v. b/c those covers were designed to be on the back of the t.v. for a reason. But for now, if that's all it takes, I'll roll w/ it.

No comments: