11 June 2007

flashback

I was thinking about my eldest daughter & of course this song this song came to mind. (actually I was watching Slash on Utube & my mind naturally wandered to this song, which in turn brought to mind the wonderful, the incredible, the one & only NIKKI). We lived in Lawerenceville when she was a newborn...Stanton Ave...that small upstairs apartment. I danced w/ her in my arms & sang to her this particular song. She would look up at me with her big baby eyes full of wonder, soaking in every detail, big smile on her face...moments I will never forget. She was such a good baby...turned out to be such an awesome kid...and now? OMG! She's an adult?!? How did this happen? Seems like yesterday. We were so young & had so much...life. I wouldn't change a thing. How life changes...I remember so much & forget some too. And it's all good. (FYI, she even has this very ringtone on her phone just for me. Love ya Snickerdoodle!)

No comments: