29 November 2005

good dog :)

so I had to remind myself that the dog obedience thing doesn't just maintain itself...she needed some kudos for good behavior too. I mean, just like with kids, the good behavior is often overlooked b/c it doesn't attract attention. Kids (and dogs) do "bad" things and get negative attention. Any attention -including negative- is better than nothing.

We did some of the tricks she knows & I gave her positive reinforcement.

At dinner she was near perfect. Madst did drop some chicken on the floor purposefully - what she thought was on the sly. She forgot that I'm mom & I see all/ hear all/ know all. I explained how that was encouraging Cody to misbehave (snarf food off the floor instead of lying down until dinner is over).

As a reward we went for a decent walk. Cody was stoked.

We'll try that again tomorrow.

No comments: