28 December 2006

Fi-Fi speak, etc


Fi says:

"prittytend" = pretend -any pretend play is always clarified with "I'm prittytend mommy", "this is my prittytend lion", etc

"moosmic" = music

"mismas" = christmas

"sainta" (actually, very appropriate) = santa

And right now everything is "Maddie Maddie Maddie" -not in the "Marsha Marsha Marsha" way, but in the "I want a low ponytail just like Maddie's", "Look, I have new pants just like Maddie", "I want a braid just like Maddie", etc etc etc. It's kind of cute -for now. It actually makes Maddie think a bit when she's mistreating her sisters or excluding them when I point out that she is Fiona's hero the way Nikki is her own hero. I remind her that "Nikki would never say mean things to you (exclude you, hit you, scream at you, etc). Imagine how you would feel if...."

"Her" song this xmas was "let it snow".

Her favorite xmas gift? A $.99 notebook in her stocking that she carries everywhere with a pencil. Xmas morning she didn't want to put it down so that she could have 2 hands free to open the rest of her gifts. She sleeps with it under her pillow. She has a thing for notebooks & writing. Not a bad thing, but interesting considering there are two writers & a calligrapher/artist and fine & modern arts artists as well as crafty folk in our immediate & extended family.

Have I ever told you how odd my children are? They ALL sleep with books instead of stuffies. And now it's notebooks or sketchpads. Very interesting. Maybe not so odd b/c I usually fall asleep reading & end up sleeping with a book too. And I guess I carry a book & notepad with me everywhere I go out of the house. The nut doesn't fall far from the tree?

No comments: