05 December 2006

I can't feel my face

or at least the left half. I had to have 3 shots of novocaine b4 my dentist could drill my built up tooth in preparation for my long awaited (12 years?) crown. I'm really grateful that I never had to have a root canal despite my procrastination. It's the only filling I ever had & it must have been a doozy b/c there isn't much tooth left. So it's 4 hours later & I still can't drink or talk correctly. Even my left eye feels "sleepy".

And then last night Madster says to me that when she grows up she would like to be dentist. Why? "Because you get to meet lots of new people & you only have to see them twice a year. And you get to use all the cool shiny silver tools". Interesting. I will say that is one profession I never ever considered when I was little. She says she would like to work at our dentist office b/c then she could "have all of the yummy toothpaste that I want AND the very delicious banana split flavored floride that I absolutely love."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah... the dentist is fun... were you lucky enough to get the shot in the upper front of your mouth? That one's a doozy! Isn't it crazy how your eye and nose are numb?

As for M wanting to be a dentist... she'll get plenty of patients like me who she'll see 'a lot' more than twice a year... but the money will be good.

My one concern (and the facts have probably changed by now) is: when i was in high school, and was researching potential careers, I found that dentists have the highest suicide rate... probably because they inflict pain on people even though they're trying to help them... and also... not too many people like to go to the dentist (except me - I love my dentist) so imagine how that would work on your esteem...