09 December 2006

whoa

Ya know, I work at this easy-peasy part time job but I give it my best effort at all times. I'm damn good at customer service. So we have these "pins" that employees get for positive comment cards. There are some women there who have like 30 of these pinned on their smocks -and I've seen one woman have a downright crappy attitude with customers on a number of occasions. I have two of these pins. I wonder sometimes why I even bother with the outstanding customer service when I get no acknowledgement for my efforts. Then tonight I saw these two guys who were customers that I helped a couple weeks ago. I asked how did the project go & they were totally appreciative of my help & went on & on about how it was the best customer service they'd ever had. Ever. And that they should write a letter, etc etc. Honestly, it was the standard go-out-of-my-way type service that I give to everybody. This was in the middle of Home Depot where we're chatting, not at my work, but it was the nicest thing any customer could have said -regardless of not getting a pin to show off. (not to mention, it totally negated the paint mixing dude's condescending attitude). Yay me :)

No comments: