28 December 2006

my xmas gift



Let's say I was suckered in by the bells & whistles. oooh & isn't it just so pretty. Or maybe it was my desire to contribute to a good cause -product(red). Definitely I'm loving the expanded 8 gigs of storage over my previous 1 gig. And it is a lot easier to load than my old Zen. Last night I "bought" Ani's latest CD from Itunes. Or rather I should say that I bought the right to download it onto my computer & then loaded onto my nano. I tried two different ways to make a cd for my own use on my old portable stereo or for use in my car stereo. Right. I should have known there would be a catch. The only way I can access the music that I paid for is on my computer or my nano. Period. Okay, so I'm not "file sharing" or downloading pirated music. But now I can't really use the music that I paid for & by all rights should be able to play anywhere, anyhow I choose. What a rip. There's a mistake I'll never make again. I should have known better. Friggin' apple snobs. (If anyone has info to prove me wrong, I will gladly rescind that last comment). Music I downloaded on MSN was easy to burn AND PLAY on any of my devices. I can convert WMA's to AAC but not the other way around. Stupid. It's back to the good ol' cd store for me. Oh, and I found this interesting tidbit in my search for a way to detangle the itunes scheme...hmmmmmm....

2 comments:

renee said...

I got a black Nano for Christmas and I have to admit, I'm having a ball loading my CDs in. I'm hoping to de-clutter my work and home space.

Anonymous said...

I do not have any problem making CD's just burn them with Itunes...