15 February 2007

button button, who's got the button?

Last summer I inherited my mom's button stash. Sifting through them brought back many childhood memories. Yes, there are some buttons that old. I was quite happy to have that tin in my possession. Granted, it's not the tin that I remember from my childhood. That would have been icing.

So now my kids get to play with the buttons. I had them stringing buttons last week. A few months ago we made those little button on a string "toys" that my sibs & I used to play with back in the day b4 there were 10 different kid dedicated t.v. channels and pc's were still the stuff of geek fantasies. Lib & Fi enjoyed them just as much as Ben, Sue, & I had done. So yesterday I was crafting a VDay card & Fi was bored while she waited for Lib to get off the "compoooooota". I'd been wanting to separate out the different colors of buttons & put Fi to work. She was content for a 1/2 hour, at least.





No comments: