16 February 2007

oh, great

So now I feel like I have to post an addendum to the JT comment. So I've been wanting to put the song on my site for a few weeks, but videocure didn't have a code available for "What Goes Around...", I imagine b/c there was, as yet, no video. When I did a general google a couple days ago, I found the UTube code. Yay! Right. I was excited until last night when I watched this week's Grey's on dvr & caught the last 15 seconds of Ugly Betty. Lo & behold, I hear MY favorite song in the closing scene. It hit me that just b/c I don't listen to the radio & I have no idea what exactly is "popular" now, doesn't mean that I'm the only person who really likes this song. Grrrrr.

It's almost like the day when skinny jeans are sold at Kmart it means EVERYONE has a pair. You know, the tail end of the bell curve. Alright, so it's probably not THAT bad, not THAT popular yet. Or is it? I honestly have no idea. I do know, however, that I like EVERY song on that CD. How is that possible? It's, like, pop music or something. Or is it R&B? Or Disco? Or what? I don't know how to classify it. It does remind me a bit of Michael Jackson when he was really talented & popular in the 80's -circa Off The Wall. Or not. I can't put my finger on it. It's a little funk, a little disco, a little pop. It's all danceable & sing-along-able. You know, the kind of CD that you just can't sit still while you're listening to it; you have to dance. Or maybe you don't know. Maybe that's just me. Whatever.

I can't believe that I'm actually admitting that I like Justin Timberlake. How is this possible? It's unfathomable. It must be good. 'nuf said.

p.s. speaking of Grey's, why can't they have a really good, happy show once in a great while. I'm not asking for weekly belly laughs or even weekly feel-good episodes. Just once in a while. Granted, it is a "drama". So it's got to have that serious element. But sheesh, does it have to be a weekly weep fest? I mean, seriously folks. Week after week after week after week of tears. Not just a little sniffle -tears. But all out sad sad sad must cry b/c it's so freaking dramatic -tears. I do remember a few episodes that were good & humorous & entertaining. What happened to those writers? I don't have to cry to get my money's worth. Really, I don't. I get enough drama in my own 4 daughter household on a daily basis. And if it's not their tears, it's mine. And let's be honest, I'd rather laugh than cry b/c if I don't laugh, I will cry. So how 'bout it? After this "devastating finale" to the 3 part episode, lets have some merriment on Grey's. Just a little. Please?

No comments: