02 February 2007

oops, almost forgot...

Happy Groundhog Day!




Maddie just happened to be assigned to bring snack in for her class today. She wanted to bring the groundhog cake that we usually do at home...it's a little morbid, actually. Imagine a chocolate frosted groundhog looking cake & when you cut it open, it's all red inside -like guts. yeah, I know, but we like it. (it's red velvet cake, duh!). But they don't like to do cakes @ her school b/c of the mess involved in the cutting, etc. So we opted for cupcakes with H A P P Y * * * G R O U N D H O G * D A Y !!! I didn't get a snap b/c we were running late. I had to get up at 6 to do the darn things, as it was. And then get everyone bundled up & out the door. It was, after all, like -2 degrees when school started. And I hear Denver set a new record low last night at about -19. I certainly hope Phil is right in his prediction. Which, the teacher did let Maddie read the official prognostication to the class. They don't have that tradition here & by golly, Maddie is bound & determined that she will be the official Groundhog Day representative every year. It's fine w/ me b/c it seems to me that her school could use a shot of fun just for the sake of fun every once in a while.

No comments: