27 February 2007

flashback of the week

I was looking for some old Johnny Cash vids b/c I had this memory of my brother sitting in his little rocking chair in front of the stereo -it was the credenza kind from back in the day- and listening over & over & over to my dad's LPs. Ben was about 3 or 4. Get this, he grows up & gets to meet Johnny Cash & June Carter-Cash, not once but a couple times for magazine article interviews. Who would ever think? Childhood fantasy becomes reality kind of thing...what a fortunate guy my brother has been.

I LOVE this version of Hurt but had never seen the vid. I hope that when I'm old I can 1) have spent my life with my true love 2) be so flexible that I can listen to good music from any genre & be able to find beauty & insight 3) continue to be an innovator instead of a follower

No comments: