07 September 2007

22 Aug & 24 Aug...not in that order

the church down the street had on their marquee that there were free peaches in the trees along their driveway. We stopped after school so that everyone could participate in the picking. It was a good remedy for the "I'm starving!" comments I hear everyday.
Fi said "I LOVE this place!" Olivia has requested -every day since then- that she would like to "make" a peach tree in our backyard.

Notice the new kickers both girls are sporting? Purdy spiffy. Fi had been wearing a pair that Maddie wore in kindergarten. Fiona wore them OUT. So I promised her a new pair. Of course Lib wanted a pair also. What am I gonna say? no? They wear those boots just about every day. Actually, I don't think Fiona's worn a different pair of shoes since then. Lib will occasionally put something else on. I hadn't noticed the price tag on the pair that Fiona chose, just that they were probably the best looking pair in her size. Needless to say, thank God for the 30% off coupon at Shepler's.


Look how close our seats are! Many thanks to Bryan for always sharing with his friends. The girls all wore their Pittsburgh gear. Always wanting to be fair, Maddie ended up cheering for both teams.

We did NOT catch a ball this time. The girls were just a little disappointed in that. I can't complain considering we've gotten at least 3 balls at three separate Bucs/Rockies games in 3 different seasons. The light rail ride home was crowded & 2 gentlemen kindly offered their seats so the girls could sit down...Lib laid down, actually, while Maddie & Fi sat in front of her. The game was loooooooong. And it was the only game out of 4 that the bucs dropped to the rockies. dang it. Ah, next year. And maybe the girls will be a little better behaved, a little more into the game so that we can all enjoy it a little more. Maybe.

Surprisingly, nobody wanted their picture taken.



2 comments:

sue said...

I'm loving Maddie's hat! I should've been there with you. Your seats are more awesome than ours were in PGH!

rockymtmama said...

just slightly! I mean, c'mon. 7th row vs 2nd row? I can't complain about the game in PGH. Just that I didn't get to see the Bucs win this year.