09 September 2007

a little bit of this, a little bit of that

or, what exactly have I been up to, creatively speaking? I had been participating in a few swaps on swap-bot. I forgot to get pictures of a few ATCs, dang it. And they were good too. I also did a couple ATC swaps with the Creative Mom Podcast group. I know I got a picture of the June card but I don't know where it is. It also turned out well.

CMP July ATC "Midsummer Night's Dream" theme

song lyric ATC -"Blackened" by Metallica; these two were made especially for a swap partner in Finland who is into goth/metal
song lyric theme ATC -"I Don't Like Mondays" by The Boomtown Rats

these are my very first ATCs. I made them for the "what's an ATC" theme swap.

dishcloths & more dishcloths. for every one I made for someone else, I also made one for myself. Did I tell you my goal of having only handmade dishcloths? I have a few now.



these were for my other song lyric ATC swap partner. Both Grateful Dead tunes "Standing on the Moon" and "Hell in a Bucket"

What do you think?

OMG I was soooooo stuck over the summer. I just couldn't pull a creative thought out of my head to save my life. I've just signed up for two swaps -one is a beer label ATC & the other is a Charles Rennie Mac ATC. I'm feeling the creative juices flowing now. Might as well jump on it while I can. I'm hoping I haven't been ostrasized from the CMP group. I'd like to see what the next theme is & make one up to send out but I haven't received a partner yet. Hmmmm. sigh.

2 comments:

renee said...

Your ATCs are really beautiful! I wasn't familiar with them before you posted, but it sounds like so much fun to make and swap!

rockymtmama said...

thanks! they are ALOT of fun. If you look online you can find a few really good artists out there. I'm just getting started but I'm finding I like incorporating fabric. The moon card was a transfer onto a transparency -a technique I'd never done b4 so it was exciting just waiting to see if it would work...and it did!