03 December 2008

4 year old speak

"Mom, I'm wearing my gobbles to school"
Translation: "I found my swim goggles & am making a fashion statement today"

"She said she won't ever get her skelescope out again"
Translation: "big sister is angry about forgetting her homework at school & refuses to let little sister use her telescope to view "Venus and 'that other one'"

"I can't wear my pink shoes because Grant touches them. I can't wear my red shoes because Aleene touches them"
Translation: "I don't want to wear my winter boots but these other shoes bring unwanted attention and it's too cold for Crocs...I'll go with the pink cowboy boots"

"Do we have school tomorrow?" (nightly question) (almost always followed by "But school is toooooo long")
Translation: (do you really need this one translated, 'cuz I'm sure you ask the same thing) "Is it the weekend yet?"

No comments: