04 December 2008

ugh

Well, I estimate about 20 hours sleep since Saturday. It feels like finals week. I'm almost to the point of sheer exhaustion (cliche, I know, but it works & I'm too tired to think of anything witty). I'm not quite 'seeing things'.

Then I picked up whatever illness the girls all had earlier in the week. They're all fine; I, however, -with the lack of sleep- find my body succumbing to further ick. Like, what was a head cold is now a chest cold. And I woke up (did I really sleep?) this morning with no vocal ability. Not a problem with the littles. However getting the 'tween to buy into the whisper of authority was not easy. I had to resort to taking the phone away through the weekend: Horror of horrors!

How very ironic that when I was younger I thought that laryngitis was, like, the coolest ailment to show up with at school. Now I'm not so sure. I have things to do, people to see, places to go. I feel like I should carry around a notebook & pen like my kids do, except I won't be drawing; I'll be conversing. Gah. And do I really dare to drive anywhere except to those places that are absolutely necessary? Considering the road conditions today, I think not.

What to do? What to do? Where's my mom when I need her? Oh yeah, I am the mom. No rest for the wicked.

No comments: