15 December 2008

living vicariously

through an Iraqi journalist. You know you were. I was too. It was one of those "oh sh*t" moments where you're choking on your coffee as you watch the morning news. This leads immediately to an "oh no he didn't" thought and then "omg, that is too effing funny!" all in the span of seconds. And then the man launches ANOTHER shoe! It's something we've all been wanting to do for the past, oh, 6 years or so. In my fantasy, however, it wouldn't have been a man's size 10 loafer. It would have been my size 7 1/2 steel toe Docs. After the most recent "apology" and the smarmy excuses complete with finger pointing at that impersonal -and inaccurate (omg, really? who knew?)- "intelligence report", I have lost ALL respect for Dubya. Well, I suppose I lost 99% of my respect for him when he started this war. In the last couple days, he has dropped into the negative. I mean, really. Here he is with a month or so officially left in office, and he has the balls to say (insert Texas drawl), "Oops, guess I had it all wrong. But hey, it ain't my fault...it was that darned, pesky intelligence report ." We ought to all be throwing shoes (or tomatoes!) at our, ahem, nearly former president.

Is it too late to impeach him? If squandering US money & lives on a futile and senseless war just to take care of a little unfinished business his daddy left behind isn't a high crime, I don't know what is. And lower gas prices for his last 2 months in office will not make me forget nor forgive his transgressions.

No comments: