31 January 2008

the drama never ends

It's been a trying past two mornings. Here's the 9yo who suffers(I think) from hypoglycemia. I say this because when she goes without eating for extended periods of time she has total freak out episodes. So, if she doesn't eat first thing in the morning, she spazes out -screaming, yelling, other aggressive behaviors, falling on the floor in a helpless heap, sobbing. BUT as soon as she eats, she's calm & "normal". I've told her about my observation; on occasion she notices herself that her behavior is off kilter & will stop to eat.(or there are maddening times when she realizes, but insists that she "won't" eat). I encourage her to eat before she dresses for the day. But then there are mornings like today when she doesn't. So the jeans "make me look fat! I can't wear these jeans! OH MY GOD! I don't have any other jeans!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH I can't go to school! I can't. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH That's it! I'm going to school in my underwear." (yeah, try to not crack a smile at that one as she walks up the stairs half dressed -she was previously fully clothed- & totally serious) and on and on it goes. It's fairly unbearable, first thing in the morning. And all it takes to remedy -or avoid altogether- is a bit of food down the hatch. Grrrrr. Yes, it happens after school too, before snack. These are the days when military school looks good to me.

No comments: