15 January 2008

my latest obsession is...

Facebook It's a time waster, I know. But it's my sad substitute for face to face socializing. Since I'm stuck @ home, I have to find "friends" somewhere. Sad, but true. Sigh. That & the occasional IM with my best friend from high school, Grace. Do you ever miss your old life? You know, the "way things used to be" life. I just miss the freedom to do whatever I want, mostly whenever I want.

and get this! I borrowed a Post Secret book at the library last night...and there were TWO secrets from two different people inside!! It was exciting. And Maddie promptly wrote down a secret to put inside. Am I a bad mom for reading her secret after she went to bed? I have to reason "no" because as much as I want to respect her privacy to have a "secret", I also have to look out for her best interests & be aware of anything that might happen that she wouldn't tell me about. Right? Right. Anyway, it was a "secret" that wasn't sad or horrible. I have to say, some of the P.S. secrets are so sad. I get kind of choked up when I read them. Some are happy, though, & so it's fairly balanced. Hmmm...will I put my own secret inside...??

One more note from the front lines...and you better sit down for this one...or at least mark it on your calendar...Garrett actually put dishes in the dishwasher last night. As in, all of the dishwasher safe dishes, instead of washing them by hand. I know I'm impressed. I mean, c'mon, we got this fantabulous LG dishwasher last year for my Valentines' "present". Why not use it to wash the dishes that don't have to be done by hand? It's a modern time saving device. So save some time already!

No comments: