20 January 2008

What does Feefer want to be when she grows up?

a cowboy.

and today we went to the stock show. The National Western Stock Show. This year instead of going to the rodeo (which I always prefer), we took in the "Wild West Show". It was entertaining and well worth the $9.00 tix. 90 minutes of wild west acting and fancy riding, wagon racing and Navajo dancing. Aside from the very loud "gunfire", I think the girls really enjoyed themselves. Did I mention the lariat tricks? As we watched the cowboy spin his lasso magic, I heard Feefer say to herself, "I need a rope."

All of the girls have needed new belts & I found one that fits Feefer there. She was thrilled when the salesgirl helped her put it on over her dress & showed how to cinch it "the way cowgirls wear their belts."

We luckily found the petting zoo on our way out of the stadium. It was the best way to end a good day.



this logo brings back memories. "Why didn't I take the aggie classes in high school?" she laments 25 years too late

this was my favorite rooster, a handsome Rhode Island Red. The stinker would not let me take his pic...until we walked away & he walked back to the front of the cage & commenced to crowing "Come back! I'm ready for my photo shoot!"

did you know...?


keep the funnel cake, just give me a plate of confectioner sugar






why they're called sh*t kickers...because it's nigh impossible to avoid at a place like the stock show

No comments: