08 February 2008

curses!

You may recall my dislike for the city of Denver's inattention to snow plowing (re: the snow storm last year & my subsequent blog post). This morning I was excited to see a snow plow & sand truck AND a grader on our street when we returned from the school dropoff. Woo Hoo! What a welcome sight after the a.m. struggle with a hungry pre-teen mood monster. With each grader scrape there was actual, visible black top. Much to my dismay, instead of cleaning the street, they've merely made it muddy knee deep mush & left it to melt. Not to be a Debbie Downer but I would rather have the clean ice that will eventually melt in our 50 degree weather. However, if it melts away sooner, I will be forced to eat my complaint. (I think the garbage truck due this morning is skipping us because they couldn't get through on their route. Bah. Can't win for losing.)

No comments: