29 February 2008

washing clothes is fun???

Why yes! It is! Our washing machine bit it last weekend -yes, with a full load & full of water. Good timing that G got his yearly bonus the following week. I had to do the laundromat route for that week & in the meantime I did some online research into front loading washers. I've been lusting over the red LG ever since it first came on the market. However, with all the research I did, I decided it would not be the best choice (quite a few unhappy reviewers out there). Being such a large investment, I decided on this little number instead.

We were expecting delivery on Sunday but received a call in the morning that the machine had a dent & another machine wouldn't be able to be delivered until Tuesday. Disappointing, but something to look forward to a couple days later. Come Tuesday morning we get the call that our delivery was slated for 4pm-5pm. MORE WAITING! 5pm rolls around & I'm leaving for work...still no washer! I felt like the kid who found the golden ticket...I couldn't wait for the tour! It was soooooo exciting! (is that pathetic or what?! Excitement over new appliances. Doesn't take much to make me happy, does it?) YES! first thing I did after work was LAUNDRY! And happily!

The washer has exciting new functions unlike our old top-loader. And it's extremely quiet. It does look like it might take off during the spin cycle. But it's soooooo excellent! Squeeeee! Super clean clothes & saves on the water bill. Excellent. My only complaint is that it doesn't have a separate spin cycle to use for things that haven't spun enough during a regular cycle (like pillows). However, the clothes all feel cleaner, softer; they smell better too -even with using less detergent & less fabric softener. More monetary savings! We opted to not get a steam function but the machine does have an internal heating unit for the sanitizing cycle.

Now if I can find a way to make folding laundry equally exciting....

No comments: