29 February 2008

more crafty goodness

another belated xmas gift off the needles -and actually mailed off yesterday :) The hat is a revision of the "striped hat" from Melissa Leapman's book "Knitting Beyond Scarves". I had done one for Madster with the curly top but she didn't really like it; she got a lot of ribbing at school about it...although she has now come to embrace it as her own "teletubbie" hat. The scarf is just a garter stitch with a crocheted loopy fringe from this pattern. Both are done with Lion Brand Homespun in "gothic"(?). I think I should start now for xmas '08 gifts






the finished re-purposed grocery bag tote...isn't it fab?!?! Get the pattern here I used mostly Target bags with the stripe from Sunflower Market bags. I tried to reinforce the handle by adding a couple deeper stiches at the joints. I'll let you know how it holds up.




On deck: February's CMP ATC, a string bag, a vintage 1940's pants suit por moi

No comments: