02 February 2008

how is this possible?

I've been working on our computers all day, setting up our wireless network server. It's kind of a pain because I have to copy & paste all the folders from both computers for the intial setup. Then I have to program the auto backups for each of the folders for both computers. THEN we should be able to access, via the server, each other's files, etc. I suppose I could have done the same with windows file sharing on the network. But this way everything is already backed up, in case we have a system crash again. Yay! Now I don't have to pay to have someone come in & restore the computer. And I don't have to worry about losing photos or scratched CDs of photos, etc. AND it's Mac compatible, so when Snick visits she too can share files. Yay!

Anyhoo, I'm about computered out. Like for the week. At least. (bet you never thought you'd hear those words from me) And I was considering giving up computer usage for Lent. Considering. No definitive decision yet. It's probably a good idea. Ever since I initialized this laptop, I've been neglecting all other forms of creativity. Seriously.

Oh & my other coup today was hooking up the portable DVD player to the upstairs t.v. Another Yay! I can watch whatever the heck I want -not on the 14" laptop screen, but on the 32" flatscreen. Ha! Go ahead G, play your video games all night. I've got my own electronic entertainment. Hmmmmm, could almost be like we have our own separate rooms, like roommates. Kind of weird. Kind of je ne sais quoi -good? bad? indifferent? sad? Like I said, je ne sais quoi.

Gawd. Then there's the fact that I just said I was happy to have a t.v. in my bedroom. That in itself is weird. And that I was not only happy but also excited to have electronic entertainment. AAAAAAAAAAAAArgh!!!!!!! I've been sucked into the dark side! V, it's all your fault. Yours & yours alone, V! Look what you've done. & I bet you're reading this, gloating, smugly smirking, pumping your fist in the air. You'd high five yourself if you could. I bet. That's okay. Payback's a bitch. Just you wait.

No comments: