04 February 2008

is it just me, or...

were the Super Bowl ads especially nondescript last night? I even insisted that G wait & watch all the commercials instead of skipping over them to get to the action only. And then I had to put up with his bitching about having to watch all the commercials. (He had DVRd the game because we got a late start in watching it.) Aside from the Pepsi commercial with JT (and only because of JT did I want to watch it), they were fairly boring. And even the Pepsi ad missed it's mark because I didn't even notice until I was watching the news later that the ad was actually marketing Pepsi's new website. The Daytona ad was good for it's graphics. But other than that? None so special. Is it because the cost of buying the time is so astronomical that the budget for the commercial itself is left wanting, and the commercial is then lackluster? In retrospect, we probably could have just watched the game & waited to see the commercials on You Tube. Dang, if my own team can't be in the game, the least I ask for is decent marketing entertainment. Hmmm, come to think of it, it was a lackluster game to boot. Bah. Bring on March Madness!

No comments: