20 May 2007

ethereal

is the word that went through my mind over & over last night as I sat front row center @ the Boulder Theatre listening to this unique & beautiful voice. Angelic Lisa Gerrard literally can use her voice as an instrument unlike any other performer I have ever heard. I went with my bro & two friends b/c, really, who else would I go with to this show? Indeed when I first moved to Boulder ELEVEN years ago, this was the first show I saw. Well, it was Dead Can Dance, but Lisa was the female vocalist. She has this incredible stage presence -a very little bit of diva, yet very sweet & soft spoken. She's so incredibly blessed. The beauty that emmanates from her throat is indescribable. Do yourself a favor & get to this woman's show, if & when you can. She doesn't do big tours but you'll be glad you did the research to find her anywhere within (at least) 100 mile radius. I'm talking this is as high as one can possibly get without drugs or alcohol kind of near religious experience. Incredible. I wanted to bring her home with me & have her serenade me in the car, to sing lullabies to my kids at night. I wondered if I might have been levitating above my seat. I had chills up my spine & down my arms & my scalp was tingling. When I walked out of the theatre I wasn't sure my feet were even touching the ground. Yeah, she's that good.

No comments: