04 May 2007

my latest obsession

no it's not sock yarn (been there, done that). It's itunes. Remember when I said I use my ipod mostly for podcasts? That's just the non-fiction type of gal I am. And remember all the CDs Snick made for me? I finally got the songs I wanted loaded onto the nano. While I was at it, I decided to organize the various tunes into particular playlists. I have certain songs for certain periods of my life. There is now a playlist for "high school" and "childhood" and "Art Institute"; "chicks rule" and "a girl's life" (dedicated to Snick), and "Boulder"; "melancholia" and "get off the couch". So far. Some of them overlap. I was going to name "melancholia" "misery music" instead b/c that's what B called it & it fits. Hey, I was emo b4 emo was cool. I started looking for old punk -Black Flag, in particular. Then linked to Bad Brains then the Exploited. Remembered I already had that & linked to whatever I could think of next. It was a little lesson in connect-the-dots. Or picking my brain. Or strolling down memory lane.

I've come to realize that itunes is quite useful for building up my music collection. You know, all those old loved albums that I never got around to buying on CD. AND I can buy only the songs I want instead of a whole CD. Bonus! I can make my own little "hits of the 70's" memory mix w/o buying the whole 10 disc set from TimeLife! Squeeeeee!

No comments: