21 May 2007

Fi Fi saves the day




This morning I was making my bed & I hit my elbow really really hard on my dresser. I'm talking, doubled over in pain hard. I bent over & laid my head on the bed to gather my composure & get on with the morning, drive Mad to school, etc. Next thing I know, I hear Fi saying "Mommy, are you alright? Do you need someone to help you?" I had totally fainted & fallen onto the floor. Lucky to not have hit my head or anything else as I found myself in the small 18in space b/t the foot of the bed & the dresser. And feeling very fortunate that the comforter was on the floor at the time to break my fall. Fi went downstairs & yelled out the front door for Uncle V whose car was parked out front overnight. Not finding him she continued downstairs to find Maddie. By this time I was fully conscious & walking downstairs myself. Fi told Mad that I had a bad dream about monsters & fell out of bed. She must have heard me fall & then come in to check on me. I couldn't have been out for more than a minute or so but the bizarre thing was that I was sent straight off into a dream state & -not that I remember them- was cognizant of the fact that I was dreaming & I could hear myself breathing heavily. Whew. What a way to start the day! And my elbow hurts like a bugger.

No comments: