10 May 2007

imagine the scent wafting through my home & backyard

This is from our light purple bush. We have two darker flowered bushes that I'll harvest next. It's one of my favorite times of year & one of my favorite scents. I remember having an empty little green glass jar with a purple lilac motifed plastic lid when I was little. I think it must have had some kind of perfumed cream inside -maybe Avon. I think I got it from my mom. I loved the way the perfume smelled. I kept the jar for a really long time and wonder whatever happened to it. Which leads me to another memory, of having actual lilac scented spray cologne when I was in my 20s. And now I remember that my mom used to wear "lily of the valley" when I was little. And some kind of mousse type foundation. This reminds me that I had this little (2 in. diameter) plastic (or was it silk) red open rose attatched to a little round sponge. This was in 1st grade. The sponge was to hold scent, I guess. It was a present from my first "boyfriend". The one who kissed me behind the piano (a painted white upright)in class. He's also the one who asked his mom for a haircut -after refusing adamantly for so long- b/c I told him to. (His mom called my mom, astonished that I had influenced her son so positively. hehehe :P) I had that flower for a long time too. Interesting where your mind will take you if you let it.


1 comment:

renee said...

Gorgeous lilacs!! I absolutely love lilacs and have none in my yard, so whenever I'm out walking and smell them, I am so happy!