14 October 2006

girls, girls, girls

FiFi is now the reigning queen of run-on sentences. "Me watched Little Mermaid beduz me likes Ariel beduz she's pretty beduz she's a princess beduz it's a good movie beduz it has good muzmic beduz me sing good beduz me know all the words beduz me a princess too beduz...beduz...beduz...." Potty training is going well. Dry diaper overnight & no accidents at least until we left for the Cory Carnival at 11. Fi's also working on writing uppercase letters. She'll be in ECE next year at this time, believe it or not. She's also wearing Mad's old size 4 clothes. It kind of freaks me out to see her growing so fast.

Madster is becoming quite the strong runner thanks to that after school program she joined: "Girls on the Run". She used to complain that she couldn't run. Now she proudly proclaims that she ran a mile without stopping. (Although, she may throw in a complaint about how mean her coach is for not letting anyone take breaks). I am very proud of her progress. She's proving to be a spelling whiz. AND she finished in the 99th percentile for the Raven's Progressive Matrices test. I'm requesting that she be tested further for the gifted & talented program. FINALLY, there may be something to challenge her & she won't be in tears about doing homework or going to school.

Libster continues to expand her artistic abilities; she draws any time she can, on anything she can get a hold of -tablet, printer paper, books, walls, doors, t.v. screen, her face and body, etc.

The little girls & I had lunch with Snick on Thursday. She seems to be doing very well. She doesn't call often but she seems happy. Doing teenagery college kid stuff like going to under $20 multi-band concerts. And hanging out with her friends, going to study groups (smart girl), a little partying, but not going overboard (I think, I hope). Keeping busy & having fun, from what I hear. She seems more mature, & yet the same. It was good to see her; to spend even a little time with her set my mind at ease (somewhat). Hopefully she'll come for a visit again in a couple weeks. Maybe for my birthday dim sum (hint hint).

No comments: