11 October 2006

potty talk is all the rage

so we're potty training ovah heah. Sometimes. Like when there are m&m bribes upon waking. And when I mention that now Fi can wear Maddie's size 4 clothes AND Maddie didn't wear diapers anymore when she was almost 4 b/c there are big girl panties in the size 4 bin to prove it. It's hit or miss, really. She does prefer the big potty to the little potty. It's only a matter of time now. And Lib is likely to follow suit as she quite often takes her diaper off when it's soiled -sometimes without telling me so that I don't find out until I see her walking around semi-clothed. No mishaps yet, luckily. It's been a long almost four years of diapers, folks, and 3 of those years have been 2X the usage. It'll be nice to not have to budget for that weekly expense. I am so over diapers. So over it. It is one reason why I choose to NOT have more kids. Yes, really. These two have been the most reluctant to potty train out of the 4 girls. And girls are supposed to be easy. I do not want to go through this again. Seriously. There must be more to life than perpetual poo wiping. I'm feeling a little like a live-in nanny. But I don't get paid & I don't get much time off away from my charges. Ack!

A converstion between Fi & me while she was playing outside: "mom, cody's eating sh*t." "what did you say?", I ask calmly. "cody's eating sh*t." "say that again?" "cody's eating sh*t." ("hmmm, yes cody is eating something in the yard there; it could be sh*t...hmmmm. But could you really be using that word in context. Eeewww, Cody wouldn't eat her own sh*t would she? She may have psychological problems that I don't want to deal with right now," I mused.) "say that one more time.", while I inspect a little closer. "Cody's eating sh*t mom", she says exasperated. "Oh Cody's eating a STICK!", I say triumphantly & relieved. Doubly relieved.

No comments: