26 October 2006

lovely to look at

I have often said that one thing I don't miss about PA is the back aching, shovel-breaking, wet & heavy as heck snow. So to what do I awake today but the wettest snow I can remember ever experiencing here. I caught a snowball that Maddie threw at me & my glove was instantly soaked -kind of wet.

Not one to be hindered by the weather, I went out to shovel & took the girls with me to play. Fi was all over it like the snow hound she is. Lib was apprehensive b/c the few inches on the ground made it a little difficult for her to navigate with ease. We got out the toboggan for a spin down the street; they enjoyed it until they realized that sitting still does not bode well for body warmth. As I was finishing shoveling the driveway behind the minivan, Fi says "pick me up" (with the shovel). I told her to sit down & I'd push her instead. This was entertaining for a few runs & Lib got in on the action as well. Fi by far enjoyed mostly just falling backwards into the deep snow -lipton iced tea style (or was that nestea?) -over & over & over. We had a lot of fun despite the wet cold & Lib adamantly protested when I said it was time to go in for a warm bath & hot chocolate & irish oatmeal. Can you think of a better breakfast on a day like this?

I have a ton of sewing to do. Yeah! And I'm off work tonight double yeah! Hopefully the heavy snow won't disrupt the power (the lights did flicker a few times -I held my breath & crossed my fingers & said a little silent prayer). I have way too much to do & far too little free time to get it all done in time for Halloween.

I'm wishing we had installed insulation in the crawl space right about now. And covered the swamp cooler. I try to keep the heat down to a reasonable 64 or so, but it seems like the house doesn't stay warm like it should. Where exactly is that wonderful warm Colorado sun when I need it? Never fear, it'll be back tomorrow & we'll have a beautiful, must-spend-time-outdoors weekend.

No comments: