13 October 2006

I take it back

Remember when I said I couldn't wait for winter & snow & all that? The first thing I heard this morning upon waking was that A-Basin opened for the season today. The first resort in CO to open. I'm sure they made quite a bit of snow, but there's some naturally occuring stuff up there too. And then Maddie said that it frosted last night. I've had the heat on 3 mornings this week already. Um, yeah. Can I change my mind? I am not at all ready for winter. Let's face it, at $400 for a season ticket (yes, bargain compared to paying for individual lift tickets), ain't nobody in this house riding some fresh anytime soon (big sigh). In actuality, I could have 65 degrees all year long & be content. Maybe I should move to Cali. So Cal, in particular. Is the ocean still free of charge?

(okay, in the rush to be the first resort to open for the season, does it really count if only 1 lift is running & only 2 runs are open & there is ONLY 18 inches p/p on the ground? Hardly seems worth the effort. Boo to A Basin for jumping the gun)

No comments: