03 October 2006

school daze

So we finally got the letter of approval for Madster to ride the bus to school. Only a month after school started. Thankfully we weren't in dire need of transportation. Yeah, there are 4 kids total on the bus in the morning. Granted, it's a little bus. But I'm sure there are other kids in the neighborhood who could be on that bus instead of (as G so eloquently put it) participating in the car fashion show at the school. Why is it so important for folks to drive when there is a bus available? It must be the fashion show. I hate it. School shouldn't be about what kind of car a family has. Or how big one's camera is on the first day of school. But this school is like that. Grrrrr.

Which leads me to the latest "I want": wheelies -$100 tennis shoes w/ wheels in the heels. So let's see, that's an ipod, a laptop, a cell phone, and wheelies - in 3rd grade. No wait, make that 5 WEEKS INTO 3rd GRADE!!! I remember wanting adidas tennis shoes like Starsky & Hutch. I'm pretty sure they weren't close to $100 -even with adjusting for inflation. I told her she should save her money. She was set on saving for the ipod but I haven't heard much about it lately. Now it's wheelies. I imagine she'll be wanting a motorized scooter contraption next. She'll have to make a xmas list soon. It may be a very short list. Or rather, it may be a very few gifts under the tree.

1 comment:

renee said...

It was Nikes for me. I wanted them so bad and my parents refused to pay that much for tennis shoes. After a couple of years of whining about it, my grandma bought them for me for my birthday - I was so happy!

Your girls sure are cute, though! Love the fancy amber earrings - so grown up!