17 October 2006

last week's monday music mambo meme

because I'm lame like that.

Monday Music Mambo - Week 120

Hello gang! Ready for another mambo? I think this is the last time I'll put the week number in the header. Does it really matter? Not to me. Today's theme is Meet A Friend For Lunch Day. Guess what? You get to invite some musicians for a lunch at your favorite restaurant! But it's not that easy. You have to follow some rules.

First, tell us where you're going and what kind of food they serve.

I would go to Boulder for lunch. But where to eat is a difficult decision. Maybe Dot's Diner? or Rocky Mountain Joe's (if it's still there?) or the Walnut Cafe. or Antica Roma. Or Abo's. Or the North Broadway Coffee shop (is it still there?) or the Taj for the buffet (Can you tell I really miss Boulder???) There are so many choices. Today, I'll pick Mountain Sun: they serve American "gourmet hippie" food in a hippie Boulder type atmosphere at reasonable prices. And the beer kicks ass; my personal faves are Java Porter & Hummingbird Ale

Next, choose one person for each category to invite to lunch. They can be alive or not-so-alive:

A guitar player: Jimi Hendrix -because he's the best & I deserve the best, don't I?

A lead singer: tough decision: Bono or Jim Morrison. Can't I invite both? No? Bono makes the cut; he's more likely to be sober & able to contribute to the conversation. Not to mention that he may prove to be very inspirational and motivational to be around. Yeah, and don't give me crap about it; yes, I'm going to glom onto that if I have the opportunity. There isn't much inspiration/motivation here in my little world.

A woman: Ani DiFranco -more inspiration

A Beatle: John Lennon -still more inspiration

A country artist: um, yeah, I'm stumped here. How 'bout that boy we saw @ the Grizzly Rose: Keith Anderson. He may be out of place with this crowd but I don't know much about country music & who might be a better choice. He'll just be the lunchtime eye-candy.

The least-famous member of your favorite band: Right. There is no "least favorite" in the Grateful Dead. They're all someone's favorites. I'm going with Mickey Hart, then, b/c other than Jerry, he's the one who hasn't been around lately. Besides that, he fits right into my little saving-the-world-one-lunch-at-a-time group.

That's all you have to do this week. Enjoy your lunch with rock stars!

No comments: