25 October 2006

wednesday mind hump

Hi everyone! I'm back with another mind hump. I'm going to make my own theme today, because I don't like the other theme. So today is Book Day here at the hump!



1. What are some of your favorite books, and why?

My favorite books are too numerous to list. Mostly classics & quite a bit of non-fiction. To mention three only, I enjoy "To Kill a Mockingbird" -just an all around good read; "Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas" -laugh aloud funny; any of the Georgia Nicolson confession books -also laugh aloud funny about the trials & tribulations of a british teen. I like books that are written in a particular setting's vernacular -like "Trainspotting". I also enjoy pictures books with fabulous artwork & a decent plot -if the book lacks either, I will not spend money on it & prefer that others do the same for the girls (I hate wasting precious bookshelf space on plotless books with crappy or average artwork.) One of my faves is "Little Tricker the Squirrel Meets Big Double the Bear" -that kind of good artwork & good morals. And last night we picked up "Boris & Bella" -again good artwork & good morals.

2. How many books do you read during a typical month?

I enjoy reading but then have this stupid neurotic habit of "must finish the book", even if I'm not really into it. So then I don't read it & I end up not reading until I just can't take it anymore & put the not so interesting book away to read another time. Then find a new book to read. If I've got good books & have nothing else to do (or rather choose to do nothing else) I can read a couple books a week. Because my life is not one of leisure, I usually read a 1 or 2 books a month.

3. Where do you buy most of your books?

Quite frequently, I buy books from Goodwill b/c they're only $1 or 2 and it's close to home. I would go to used book stores but they're generally out of my way & they're only enjoyable when I can shop alone -and when does that happen? When I have cash, Barnes & Noble b/c it's close & Amazon b/c there can be discounts w/o buying a "membership" & free shipping over $25 (Since my Oma passed away, I don't get many gifts in the mail; Amazon is my pseudo way to have "gifts" delivered).

4. Recommend a good book to me (and your readers).

Right now I'm reading "The Power of Intention" by Wayne W. Dyer. I like what he has to say when he speaks on PBS; the book seems to be equally valid.



The rules are, there are no rules!!! All you need to do is copy and paste the above questions into your blog and add your responses. After you've finished, return here and leave us a comment so we'll know you've humped. Be sure your hump is linked back to http://bdinsanity.blogdrive.com so others can hump too.

Remember, there are no right or wrong answers. If one of the questions doesn't inspire you then simply "pass" it. Just use your imagination!

If you don't have a blog or you're an exhibitionist *woo hoo* feel free to hump right here in our comments section. There's absolutely no pressure ... although it's called the Wednesday Mind Hump you can hump on any day.

Until next time, this is your music-loving mememeister wishing you a happy hump day!

1 comment:

Russ/rfduck said...

Thanks for mind humping!