24 October 2006

a gripe or two

so then what's the hold up when the case manager calls yesterday to tell me they received the first October child support payment on the 20th & it's scheduled to be allocated on the 24th. Fine, but it's still not at my bank today, the 24th? Is my conspiracy theory more believable yet?

And get this: I made the unfortunate mistake of letting G hold the remote whilst we finished with the last few back episodes of Grey's. I have been diligently watching Grey's episodes on DVD & DVR, in order, up until the most current episode with a plan to start watching season 3 on Thursday next (as there is no new episode this week, (sigh)). So there's G, allowed to man the remote for the first time since I started this obsession a month ago. We finish the season premier, we finish the 2nd episode. We started into the "3rd" episode. "there's something wrong with this. We're missing a big chunck. This isn't where we left off on the last episode." "No, it's fine. We're just missing the first 10 minutes" (yes, we had an episode start 10 minutes into the show, grrrr.) "no, we're missing more than that." "what, are you going to complain the whole time? Do I have to watch it without you so you can watch it & complain by yourself? It's just the first 10 minutes." "No, fine, I'll watch it." And so we did. And when it's over & G leaves the room (& the remote) I look over the DVR recordings to see if there is anything to delete. And what do I see??????!!!!!!!! We have just watched last week's episode! And we missed the week before's!!!! ARGH! My perfect plan of watching the episodes in order has been foiled. And what does G say? "I don't know what you're talking about (chuckle, evil chuckle)." Let it be known that G has been summarily relieved of his Grey's Anatomy remote control priviledge.

No comments: